Ethnomont is an independent non-profit organization with the following aims:
● Support and assist ethnobiological studies in the Caucasus as a distinct cultural region.
● Disseminate the results of ethnobiological studies in scholarly and layman media.
● Ethnomont is not attached to any government agency and will not involve itself in nationalistic or sectarian polemics. The scholarly disciplines and research areas which Ethnomont will be active in include: ethnobotany, ethnozoology, ethnoecology, socio-ecology, relationships between Nature and Culture, etc.
To achieve its objectives, Ethnomont intends to:
● establish international contacts and promote international collaborative studies and joint research projects;
● assist research bodies in raising funds for improving their infrastructure, research facilities and equipment;
● assist in organizing conferences, congresses, symposiums, seminars, exhibits, displays, and other information-sharing activities;
● assist in disseminating of scholarly articles, reviews, and publications intended for a wide readership, textual collections, monographs, brochures, etc.;
● participate in the preparation of journals, newsletters, television programs, etc.;
● serve as a clearinghouse for information on events of interest to local and foreign scholars, aid in the organization of research expeditions and tours, etc.